Friday, November 29, 2013

Use your stamps,dies and distress inks to create a garden scene....

Posted by Rajni Chawla

Hello friends..


 Rajni here, sharing a step by step tutorial to create a garden scene. This is my very first picture tutorial which i specially made for CCC blog for its fifth Challenge.U can click here for more inspiration from other Dt's. I have tried to cover most of all the steps. Being it my very first tutorial, I am bit nervous as all the step by step pictures are clicked by me....the thing I always avoided. Hope I m not that bad in doing that.

Now lets begin with the card.

Sizes
1. Main card base of 5"x 6" 
2. card used for creating a scene is 3.5"x 6"

  To start with...first cut a cloud out of small felt piece and stick it to a blending tool. Stamp few clouds on upper half of the 3.5'x 6' off white self textured card stock using Tim Holts Picket Fence Distress Paint. White on white won't show much but it will be visible after applying distress inks.



I have used Withered Wood, Bunddled Sage, Wild Honey, and a little touch of Aged Mohaghany and Vintage Photo on edges.The clouds start popping up after giving them a color. Distress paint acts as a  resist to distress inks. You can wipe of the excess of distress inks with baby wipes if you want. now sprinkle little water with your hands and dry it using heat tool.





Stamp with  Kaiserkraft Music Stamp and Humming Bird Stamp using Black Archival Ink.


Take any scrap paper and tear it in the shape of grass land. Color it with Mowed Lawn and Vintage Photo.




Place it on the card as shown using foam tapes and cut the extra.


Cut few pcs of grass from the left out.






Now onto flowers....
I have used PTI Sunflower stamp to make flowers. Stamp two big flowers and two small flowers with Wild Honey DI, one big flower center and one small flower center with black archival ink and few big n small leaves with Mowed Lawn DI.





 Fussy cut all images with any small n sharp scissors. Give little deep cuts between the flower petals. 






Now give little more color to your flowers by adding Rusty Hinge. Also color the leaves using Wild Honey and Vintage Photo. Color the flower centers with Vintage Photo.Emboss them from the back using embossing tool and perforated pad. Also give a little shape to leaves .



Assemble both the flowers by keeping both flower petals one on other using glue. Complete the flower by keeping flower center using foam tape on top.



Cut one piece each from  Sizzix Fence die and Memory Box Cycle Die. Add a little color using Vintage Photo and Black Soot.  





Now you are ready with all you want for the garden scene. You just need assembling. For the small flowers I have used small daisy punch.



 Line up your card leaving 1.4"and stamp the sentiment using black archival ink. Sentiment is from Technique Tuesday Stamp Set.

Note...Always keep a perforated pad under your sheet while stamping. You will never miss the image and more over the image is more crisp and sharp when stamped using perforated pad. Its my personal experience...just try...u will love it. 







Adhere the scene using foam tapes.
 
Note...Here I want to add something. After so much of coloring we generally spoil the back of our card. I don't know about others,,,but it happens with me. If my card or shows from the back I tries to attach some fresh card stock at the back . It will add a little more beauty to your card. 





Another good tip...
I always make a sandwich of  red tacky tape and foam tape to give more strength to my cards, The Layers won't come out easily.

 
Here is what I did here.First layer is red tacky tape...



Andd....next layer is foam tape and then again a tacky tape on top.



Now add rest of the layers.






HERE IS THE FINAL RESULT....











Hope I was not confusing with any step. If you  still have any query you can mail me at rajnichawla69@gmail.com or leave a comment below.

All the products used here are available at The Craft Store. Also you still have a day time to enter our current challenge. 



((.HUGS.))

5 comments:

  1. You are a great teacher and a beautiful human

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, and thanks for a lovely tutorial !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Awesome Love all the details thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool project!! Great instructions too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and clear pictures of this gorgeous card! Love your colors and creations. I don't wanna miss your posts, so I'm your newest follower.
    Foud yu trough your lovely card on Joy! Crafts.
    Greetz from Holland

    ReplyDelete

Dear Reader,
Thank you for your precious comments. They are extremely valuable and a source of continuous motivation for me. I really appreciate the effort.
Love,
Rajni