Sunday, May 25, 2014

Dry embossing using kitchen foil

Posted by Rajni Chawla

Hello lovely ladies...

Rajni,here from Passionately Curious. Today, I'm here after a short break. Hope you all enjoyed playing along our challenges and discount sales going on the Craft Shop. 

Our current challenge demands wet or dry embossing on your projects. Today I'm here to inspire you all with dry embossing using various embossing folders with kitchen foil.
Yessss....you heard it correctly.....I'm talking about regular kitchen foil only. You can also use various craft foils but I preferred using the same as it was already with me.  As kitchen foil is non porous, I have used alcohol inks to give different tones. Few crafters says alcohol inks are difficult to handle. But I must say everything is difficult when we try for the first time, It took more then 1 hour when I started with my first piece but with second,third and fourth it became so easier and hardly took half the time i spent in making first base.

Here are few video to show you how you can emboss and how to use alcohol inks.  



I was so amazed with the first out cum that I kept on trying more.....just got addicted working with the same technique. Addiction of anything is bad....but for me addiction to any craft technique is like breathing.  
And look what I came up with my so called addiction :P


Do u believe these gorgeous pieces are nothing but the regular kitchen foil.
Aren't 
they pretty ??


Small tips to be taken care of while working with foil

1. Try to use thick kitchen foil and fold it 3-4 times to make it more steadier. 
2.  I also prefer giving a layer of glue in between all the layers.
3.  Always take extra margin of foil  as you might damage the corners while working with alcohol inks.



Last days I was practicing coloring with distress inks All that went so perfect with my cards. Simple layering, a die cut frame, distress ink colored flowers, butterflies and a sentiment. Here are the cards that I assembled with these beautiful pieces.


















  

Hope,I have inspired you all that what stunning effects you can achieve with regular kitchen foil and dry embossing.
So,don't you want to try your hands on these beauties?? Just take out little time and dig out what all embossing folders you have in your stash. Create one and do play along our current challenge dry/wet embossing.
 


SUPPLIES USED
Spellbinders 3d M-bossabilities --E3D-018
 Spellbinders 3d M-bossabilities--E3d-009 Spellbinders 3d M-bossabilities--E3Ds-001Alcohol inks
Black Penny- bouquets
Black Penny-from the heart
IO stamp-HI 2004
JustRite Butterfly Kisses
Spellbinders heirloom flourish one die
Spellbinders Nestabilities Die, Floral Ovals


Thanks for  stopping by..

((Hugs))




2 comments:

  1. Hello Rajni,
    Your creations are simply AWESOME! Just discovered your blog and the beautiful challenge blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowwww that's so beautiful :) amazing work

    ReplyDelete

Dear Reader,
Thank you for your precious comments. They are extremely valuable and a source of continuous motivation for me. I really appreciate the effort.
Love,
Rajni