Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Bleach Stamping

Posted by Rajni Chawla


Hi all..



Hope you are all doing well.


Today, I am here with a card that I designed for Justrite Friday Challenge #110. This time the fun is to do bleach stamping. Again something that I never tried before.

You may wonder why I made Valentine card for this Challenge while there is still quite a lot of time for Valentine. Several reasons for that. 1. Justrite just released their November Stamps and I got inspired so much that I ordered my Lace Heart dies and  Sweet Heart Clear Stamps the same day of their release and just got them few days back in my hands.  I also matched and ordered Antique Valentine Tag One.  All the three I used in this card were totally new to my collection. I felt like trying my hands on these. 


2. Bleach stamping was totally new to me. Since I am still a fresher and have just started working with justrite stamps only few moths back....I still have a limited collection. I tried doing bleach stamping on various card stocks but was not satisfied with the results. To my experience I must say bleach immediately gets soaked in paper but take little time and gives a little blur image. I was not able to get the perfect detailing of my stamp. That's why I preferred using some bold stamp. Because of so many  tries lots of card stocks were set aside.


Here is my final satisfactory try ...



I have used Black Magic Core'dination paper. These are twin color papers and give a real grungy look when distressed. I used the back side of the paper and gave a little more color to the card stock using Aged Mohaghany Distress Ink. Then stamped the image randomly on card stock with bleach. Once again stamped the same image overlapping a bit with Archival deep maroon ink and I was done with the background. I used same paper again...but with top side up(BLACK) and cut an oval in the center. Distressed the edges and gave little dimensions with the foam tape and layered them together. Added another layer with golden paper. 


I die-cut and embossed two hearts form Lace heart die set...one from Black magic paper and other from white card stock. The one with black magic paper is then sanded and layered with golden paper and then fussy cut. The other in white is colored using distress ink and stamped with Sweet Heart Clear stamp. The sentiment and the banner is from Antique Vintage Tag One. 





I stamped the image once with versamark and heat set it using black embossing powder and again with black archival ink . Fussy cut both and again heat set with UTEE using versamark to add extra sheen and bounce to highlight the main subject of the card. Placed them using foam tapes.  


Banner...again stamped with black archival ink ....fussy cut and then heat set with UTEE. 




Added little more romance with handmade flower which I made with joycraft flower die. Few more layering s with Sunflower doily and pattern paper,ribbon bow and pearls and I was done with my card.



And here is the result of all my tries...



Once again thanks for stopping by!!
Hugs.



ENTERING
Justrite Friday Challenge #110







         

4 comments:

  1. Your card is absolutely stunning. Beautiful colors and elements. It is like a romantic shabby chic. Love it!

    I am really liking the sunflower doily die! Just looked up online and saw it at Cheery Lynn...I may need to add this die to my wish list!

    Thanks for sharing your gorgeous (as usual!) project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is STUNNING as usual!! Such great layers and details! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks incredible! Love the details shots..amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! What an AMAZING Card!! This is BEAUTIFUL and I LOVE your different layers with the stamping!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Reader,
Thank you for your precious comments. They are extremely valuable and a source of continuous motivation for me. I really appreciate the effort.
Love,
Rajni